Thursday, May 29, 2008

Popcorn Night

I love popcorn, plain and simple. I normally prepare my popcorn simply popped in a little vegetable oil, poured into a big bowl, then lightly salted (or I try to go light on the salt, anyway) - no butter, for health reasons. I recently acquired a red Whirley-Pop popcorn popper and I'm loving it! Makes good popcorn, no burnt or unpopped kernels either - I like that. Now, it came with four packs of "Real Theater Popcorn" (with, quote, "Secret Ingredients Used By Movie Theaters!") which makes the perfect amount of popcorn to fill the popper to the top and tastes just like the yummy buttered popcorn you get at the movies - real good. I sometimes go on a popcorn kick and crave having a big bowl of popcorn every day (usually to eat while I'm watching a movie or show) - I'm on a kick like that right now, thus this blog entry. After several weeks it normally fades away and I sometimes go months without popcorn. Okay, nostalgia time - when I was a kid all those years ago, Wednesday night was popcorn night at our house. My dad would pop up a big bowl, then we would sit on the couch in front of Laugh-In or one of those shows (gee, what *was* on on Wednesday night in the late 60s?) - my sister would sit on one side of him, me on the other - we would each reach our hand into the bowl at the same time so we got the same amount of handfuls of popcorn (yeah, you know how kids are!). Good times!

No comments: